This programme is intended to offer an opportunity for highly motivated students of French with leadership potential to be part of a New Zealand delegation of six young people who will participate in the young ambassadors “Following Family Footsteps tour 2018”
It provides the opportunity of being part of the production of a French language visual educational resource/TV documentary in commemoration of the First World War in France.
This will be the third and final young ambassadors commemoration tour. (See 2014 and 2016)
The group will travel to France around the July school holiday 2018.
They will stay for a period of approximately three weeks in Paris and Northeast France, and will visit historical and cultural sites related to the War and experience commemorative events. They will be hosted in a French school for one week and will take part in common activities with their French counterparts.
Schools are invited to nominate suitable candidates for this programme, using the form at this link.
It consists of:
- an academic profile (to be filled in by the nominating teacher) and of Eligible candidates should be currently Year 11 or 12 students, studying French.
- guiding questions to be answered by the nominated student
- communication skills (in both French and English)
- leadership capability
- a strong interest in social, political and global issues.
The students will be selected from across New Zealand.
While most of the cost of the visit will be funded as part of the programme, a contribution of NZ$2000 will be required for each participant.
Students will need a NZ passport and be prepared to commit to:
- pre travel and post travel activities
- be active participants on www.sharedhistories.com
The deadline for written applications was the end of Term 3, 27th September 2017.
Shortlisted students will be advised by mid-October and subsequently be invited to prepare a short video presentation of themselves to submit by the end of November.
- Monday 31 october 2017 : the Education Attaché will contact each shortlisted applicant and invite them to submit videos
- Monday 20 November 2017: Deadline to send videos to be received by the Education Attache
- Friday 1st December 2017: Official announcement of the Young Ambassadors
This programme is being offered in collaboration with the Mission du Centenaire who will be sending French students on a reciprocal visit to New Zealand.
Selected New Zealand students and their schools will be required to host their French counterparts for 2 or 3 nights in late April 2018.
Download this form from here, complete and return by e-mail by 27 September 2017 to Pascale Seignolles to pascale.seignolles[at]diplomatie[dot]gouv[dot]fr